Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spotlight - Love in Loss

The past couple of years have included highly challenging and deeply painful times. These times of loss and suffering have allowed me to see Grace and Love in ways I likely would not have had the pain and loss been absent.

This past October I was at the lake with some friends for a weekend away. Walking along the beach, ravaged by a freak weather bomb, a heart, calm and quiet, lay peeking out from the sand. It seemed as though it was just waiting for me to see it. The destruction was still all around me but in the midst of this, quiet and calm were present.


Love in Loss

1 comment:

  1. there's a song that I love which contains the words, "Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the storm in me".... regardless, He is peace!

    ReplyDelete