Monday, December 19, 2011

Sans Snow

We've had little snow in comparison to what we might usually have by mid-December. With temperatures above seasonal norms it looks as though we might lose what we have before Christmas. I have always wondered what Christmas might be like sans snow but just to be more clear I was wondering what it would be like sans snow - on a beach! Alas, I am not going to spend Christmas on a beach; I will be here beneath our beautiful prairie sky.

Christmas on the prairies has its charm, to be sure. One of the biggest draws is that my family and many of my friends are here. Celebrating together is worth a lot to me. Celebrating together with my toes in some warm sand while the ocean waves roar before me...well...that might be worth a lot too. At the very least, it would cost a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment