Friday, December 30, 2011

The Faces of the Clouds

Like water, the clouds have many faces. On our way out to the Whiteshell and back today, the clouds shifted and cleared to make room for the sun for a short while and then came back heavier, but in layers. Watching the trees and grasses change under the skies was exciting. I dared not take my eyes off the landscape lest I miss something along the way.

Like water, the skies too can echo our emotions. Like the shifting skies today, our emotions can also change quickly and dramatically, depending on our circumstances.

Unlike water and skies, the place where I am anchored does not change, no matter the circumstances. This place is my God. So let the skies change and the waters flow. I will remain anchored while present in today and the emotions it may bring.







No comments:

Post a Comment