Friday, September 2, 2011

A Pop of Happy

Downtown can be serious and sometimes scary but if you look closely, you might just see a pop of happy mixed in there as well. This week I've spent a fair bit of time in the downtown area. I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it.

I loved watching the businessman walk quickly with a coffee on one side of the street while the elderly man slowly peddled his basket-laden bicycle down the other, the rusty cars parked in the alley-ways and the UPS trucks huddled together in the parking lot, the semi-trucks rumbling down the road as the pair of horses slowly walked the other way carrying police officers on their beat. I loved the older buildings and hydro lines with a pop of happy strung over the wires. This seemed normal. The juxtaposition was normal. I liked that a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment