Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tomato - Foto and Food

I just love the movement in the background of this image, the texture of the stem and foliage and the colours in the tomato itself. I also love what I will do with my tomatoes this year. I hope to make bruschetta and salsa but also eat plenty of them fresh off the vine, still warm from the sun.


Here is my favourite Bruschetta recipe:

Bruschetta:

3 ripe tomatoes
2 T olive oil
1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced (I always bump this up to three)
1/4 t salt
1 - 2 T chopped fresh basil
1 baguette or French bread, sliced in 3/4 inch slices

Dice tomatoes. Add oil, garlic, salt and basil. Mix well and marinate at room temperature for at least an hour (the longer the better).
Toast baguette or French bread slices for about 5 minutes in 350 F oven or until lightly toasted.
Spoon mixture on to bread slices and serve.

*sometimes I add shredded parmesan at the end and pop them back into the oven for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment