Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lost and Found

When I have been away somewhere and have taken a bunch of pictures, I get down to processing and editing my images almost immediately. I just can't wait to get to them and see what I saw.

What I am finding to be every bit as enjoyable is returning to my images, especially the ones I left unedited to collect dust in my archives, to see what I saw. I remember bits and pieces of what I was seeing and feeling that I simply didn't notice the first glance through.

Here is one of my lost and found images of Chicago. One of the things that impressed me most about this city was how big and high this city was and yet quaint too in its own unique way. There was so much charm packed into each cluster of buildings.

Don't be too quick to permanently delete your images. Store them on an external hard drive. Some day you might want to revisit and remember.


1 comment:

  1. I find that my photos are like my writing. I do get excited and want to view, edit, and post them quickly. When I return to older photos, after they've gotten "cold" in my mind, the excitement sometimes builds again, and sometimes not. Like my writing, I get new ideas by viewing them again, as if for the first time.

    ReplyDelete