Thursday, December 22, 2011

Inspired Photography

This morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow. With many regions of Canada not experiencing our typical White Christmas, this was almost a novelty. I wasted no time grabbing my camera, switching to my macro lens, and then I headed to the door. As I walked through the living room, a cluster of ornaments caught my eye with inspiration. They had to come with me.

What inspires your photography? Sometimes it will be a general philosophy or belief but there are times when it will be a very specific item or circumstance for that particular time. The snow's dusting together with the red ornaments and morning light were lent to me for the moment. To have taken the time to act on the inspiration, I was rewarded with some photography playtime in the snow and eventually with this shot.

This winter, why not act on your inspiration? See what you see.


2 comments:

  1. thats a great pic, one day id love to be a photographer. its one of my dreams!!

    ReplyDelete