Saturday, October 5, 2013

Steps Forward

Summer has come and gone. Autumn has already been with us for a couple of weeks. Time is moving so quickly and with it, change can come.

Many of you know that I have been selling my work on Etsy. As of November 1, this will come to an end. It has been a wonderful place for me to learn about marketing my work, something that has been a challenge for me. But it is time to move in a new direction. You'll still be able to purchase my work but you'll need to contact me directly to do so.

I have two solo shows on the horizon, one in Manitoba and one in Toronto. I'm also looking forward to some local opportunities where I have the privilege of showing singular work alongside other artists.

You may have noticed a new tab at the top of the page called One of One. This is another new change, something to be watching.

As with any change, it can leave us feeling a little unsettled and a little unsure because of perceived risk. The temptation is to retreat, to wait until there are no doubts, to stay safe. The voice, the leading that I am following says otherwise. And so I am taking these steps forward.

"Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objections must be first overcome." ~Samuel Johnson, Rasselas, 1759

Autumn in Black and White

No comments:

Post a Comment