Thursday, December 27, 2012

Year's Reflections

This year is coming to an end. Sometimes we reflect back on what was before we look forward to what will be. A tough year may inform our view of the future and give us a sense of futility or dread. As a result, we may not give our best to what is and also what will be.

What if we framed our reflections in a bit of a different way, not in a false way, but a new way? What if we saw things differently, from a new perspective?

I shot this image at a shutter speed of 1/30 and aperture of f/8.0. My focal length was 24 mm and my focal point was the base of the water goblet. The ISO was 100.

I took this image looking at the water goblet on the dining table with the windows directly behind. Once on my computer, I flipped the image vertically and used the reflection as the subject. Including the grain as a means of pointing to the subject was effective. The dining chair offers balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment