Thursday, December 13, 2012

Snowflake

Today's fluffy snow is welcome. With it are some warmer temperatures that are a little easier to handle than what we've recently had. Funny how the snow looks so soft and fluffy but close up, it really doesn't look fluffy at all.

I converted this image to black and white to rid it of the brown colour in the fence behind it. I didn't want anything to distract from the delicate shape of the flakes. Once converted to black and white, I find it is always necessary to bump up the brightness as the overall grey hue seems to also make the image darker.

I did not have my tripod outside so I opted to increase the ISO to 400 from my usual 100. This enabled me to shoot a little faster at 1/160 which was necessary to reduce the risk of camera shake. My aperture was f/2.8 with my 60 mm macro lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment