Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Reflection

I love playing with reflection in photography. Throw Christmas in as a subject and it only gets better!
I shot this reflection image at a speed of 1/25 sec with an aperture of f/2.8. My focal length was 70 and my ISO was 400.

This is a reflection of our tree in a grandfather clock casing's glass (no actual clock yet). With the f/2.8 aperture, the depth of field was pretty shallow, not allowing both the reflection and the casing to be in focus (my focal choice is obvious). This worked well for this particular image, especially once I added a texture layer and increased the contrast and saturation. It all came together quite beautifully.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for the reflection. The slow shutter tells me that you were catching the nuances of a dimly lit room. So appropriate for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete