Sunday, November 25, 2012

Snowy Woodlands

A steady hand, a long and fast lens...and maybe some carrots were all useful to capture these kinds of images.

We were out at a cabin in the woods over the weekend and had the delight of deer company. When the snow began to fall it was absolutely magical.
My aperture was f/5.6 and shutter speed 1/100 for this one while my focal length was 300.

For this duo pair having a bit of a stare-down, I shot at f/5 and a speed of 1/125. My focal length was 150.

And finally, this snow-capped buck was shot at f/5.6 with a shutter speed of 1/100. My focal length was 300.

6 comments:

  1. I love your winter pictures and miss winter with snow! This picture is amazing! how you manage to take this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The deer were so beautiful and their presence was such a gift!

      Delete
  3. Incredible. With them in view, the steady hand would be the difficult part for me!

    ReplyDelete