Saturday, October 13, 2012

Grape Pie

Have you ever heard of Grape Pie? I hadn't until a few days ago.

Having finally picked my Concord Grapes from the vine, I had to do something with them. Most of them were washed and boiled up in a large pot and strained for juice, which I froze. But some of them, 5 cups worth, I reserved for the making of a Grape Pie. I found the recipe here and then got to work. Let me tell you, peeling grapes is time consuming! I wasn't sure what to hope for, a delicious pie or something I wouldn't bother making again.



By my husband's verdict of "very very good" I guess I'd make it again but I'm still on the fence on this one.

1 comment:

  1. Gee, I have to think it's a lot of work getting the seeds out too. It looks delicious, but I'd rather eat someone else's than make one!!! I sticking with apple pie :-)

    ReplyDelete