Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fog



When taking pictures of fog it is good to have something in the foreground that is relatively clear and recognizable. If it is only fog, well, you won't see much at all.

Using my zoom, I wandered the trail this morning in the fog. As you can see, it was pretty dense except for right in front of me. This made for some interesting shots.

In the first image, shot at a focal length of 75, f/7.1 and a speed of 1/200, we can clearly see the path and colours in the grasses. Including colour in a fog composition works quite well.

In the second image, I zoomed in from a greater distance onto this tree. My focal length was 105, my aperture f/4.5 and shutter speed 1/200. The drop off of clarity is not as sharp as in the first image.

Little side note: I did not notice the bird perched in the tree until I got my pictures onto the computer.


2 comments:

  1. You're right, adding a light color makes the picture very magical. These beautiful shots are pretty different from the fog-based ones that I posted about (http://littlegraykitteh.blogspot.com/2012/09/beautiful-fog.html). Next time I get some dense fog, I'll try to find some brighter fields and stuff. Thanks for sharing. c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maranda. I checked out your post and made a comment. Thanks for stopping by!!
      Be well,
      Carla

      Delete