Friday, October 5, 2012

Autumn's Warmth

Today the landscape looks very different than just one week ago. Last weekend, we had summer heat in the autumn woods. This weekend we have snow and cold. Looking at this image makes me forget the icy chill if only for a short while.
I used my 60 mm macro lens for this shot. It was a sunny day so I opted for a fast shutter speed of 1/1600 to compensate for the large aperture of f/2.8 which I wanted for good bokeh in the background. The blurred background lends itself to the impression of dancing flames which only helps the warmth I was trying to capture in this image.

I do not have the leaf right in the middle but rather a little off centre, which I find to be a more interesting composition.

2 comments:

  1. There's a lovely richness to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it was as colorful outside my window as in your picture, instead of gray, rainy days in Poland... ;-)

    ReplyDelete