Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunflower in Black and White

Though Autumn's colours are beautiful, her textures are often better captured in black and white photography. I've said this before and as the weather turns, I'm saying it again. I have this image in colour and black and white, both, but much prefer it sans colour. The etchings and lines show much better without the distraction of the deep orange hue.

If you haven't shot Autumn in black and white, I encourage you to give it a go.

I used my 60 mm macro lens for this shot. I chose f/2.8 and a shutter speed of 1/100. It was a beautifully overcast sky - just the right lighting that was none-too-harsh. Once I converted this into black and white the textures popped immediately.

I can hear the crunch of the leaves underfoot...

No comments:

Post a Comment