Monday, September 17, 2012

Hungry for Colour

I am hungry to take pictures and hungry to see the world around me before much of its colour gets buried beneath a blanket of snow. September's colours are deeper and darker than many of spring's or summer's. They take on a warmer hue as the temperature cools. Funny how that works.
My garden's produce is mostly cleaned out. The sunflowers remain as do a few tomatoes that cling to the shrivelled vine.

This flower caught my eye because of its fiery tones and also because of some movement. If you look closely you'll see a bug just off center. I'm not sure what kind of bug this is. Perhaps it is not one that I should leave to its own intent with my garden but the season is all but finished.

I kept my ISO at 100 which I mostly try to do and shot at a speed of 1/160 with an aperture of f/2.8. I used my 60 mm macro lens. This really has become my favourite lens. I reach for it more often than not.

Once on my computer I added a "driftwood" texture layer in Photoshop and that was about it. The colours were autumn's - no need to enhance or deepen.

No comments:

Post a Comment