Thursday, August 2, 2012

Water's Faces

Shooting water never gets old. As the clouds in the sky move, so too does the water, or at least their reflection in the water. As the wind blows, so too does the water. It is ever changing.

In the above image, I shot with a shutter speed of 1/200 and f/10. I chose a little greater depth of field so I would have satisfactory clarity in the reflection, sky, foreground and background, all.

I don't often like to split a picture in half but here I have done almost that. Maybe not quite, but close. Sometimes it just works better. There are "rules" in photographic design but let's be real, photographers are a creative lot who like to colour outside of the lines!


Because of the movement of the geese and relative brightness in this shot, I used a faster shutter speed - 1/640.

Having the reflection of the trees reach the geese by way of point draws attention to their evening playfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment