Monday, July 16, 2012

Winnipeg Cityscape From The Forks

I climbed the stairs to get to the top of the parking garage for a different view at The Forks in Winnipeg. Including the circular brick roundabout in the foreground and the cityscape in the background required a somewhat greater depth of field, at least if I wanted both to be in relatively sharp focus. I used f/9 which seemed to be sufficient.

Using some vignetting in processing seemed to round out the bottom left corner even more, discouraging the eye from moving off of the frame to rather go around and back into the image and explore further.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite photo I've seen on your blog, ever. I also appreciate that you kept your writing just about how you took the photo, and didn't read into the photo through writing. I feel that sometimes, when you write a story to go along with your photos, in a reflective kind of way, it takes away from what your readers might have seen in the photo, or taken from it. sometimes, less is more. I really appreciate just a photo without a lot of reflective thoughts read into it, because that takes away from the photo. but this one is just simply a great photo without the frill of words surrounding it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie,
      I find it so interesting to learn what engages one may distract others. Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
    2. yeah, your photos are just wonderful and amazing, and it seems to me, that sometimes your words or stories takes away from the simple beauty a photo can have, especially yours. thank you for your blog, efforts, time and sharing.

      Delete