Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Winnipeg's Exchange District

The Exchange District in our dear city is a community rich in both architecture and arts. I can take endless photos of the aging buildings that have their stories mortared between their bricks. It is as though taking their pictures allows me to imagine for a little while longer what those stories might be while understanding the tales held in the bricks and boards may well be different than my mind's wanderings and wonderings. Yet I am still free to imagine.


I find this composition to be interesting and engaging. The vintage billboard on the aging building is juxtaposed with the metal and wires found immediately beside it, as though echoing the marking with reality.

Without the bird, I think this image would lose something of importance. Flying, she moves freely between the wires and away from the building and the tales it holds. She is not bound to man's memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment