Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Barriers

Barriers can be perceived or real. One might argue that perception is reality and maybe for a time it is.

Sometimes the barriers are not permanent. They might just require increased effort or stepping back to see the bigger picture in order to get around them, under them, over them and sometimes even through them. Sometimes it is more about timing. We might need to rest, be still, before the path is cleared and we can move forward.

At times the barriers we encounter can be actual barriers, closed doors, that can point us in a different direction.  If we turn around and look in a new direction, the path may be clear.

Barriers don't have to mean stuck.


I took this picture a couple of years back and do wish I could return to take another shot with a greater depth of field and better focus on the leaning tree. At the time I thought it was a great shot and if it weren't for the things I mentioned it would be better shot. Like life, that is where I was at the time in my photography. I took what I knew and used it, lived life out of what I knew. Not giving up because I didn't know what I would know two or three years later was choosing not to be stuck behind the barrier of limited understanding.

Today I am aware that what I know now might seem like nothing in a few years time. I do have so much to learn and not just in the area of photography! So on I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment