Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Filled With Light

Strong. Beautiful. Filled with light.

I went to see a friend in the hospital yesterday. She is long in years and her journey is almost complete. Her life has been filled with light. She was strong and is most certainly beautiful.  Light has always seemed to fill her and pour from inside of her through her warm hugs, great smile and infectious laugh to those around her. Her source of light, I believe, was and is Light Himself - God.

As she lay in her hospital bed, she was no longer physically strong but her strength seemed to still fill the room. Her light, though not shared by a hug or a hearty laugh, was still shining, reflected in the loving faces of her family. Light was still present. And indeed, still beautiful.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to express it. Especially in this season when Christmas and Hanukkah overlap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The minute I saw your post I thought of my niece, Lucy. After she died last year, I continued to feel the warmth of her light.

    ReplyDelete