Friday, October 21, 2011

Today's Pic

It is a beautiful autumn day. The sun is shining. The leaves that remain on the trees are gorgeous with rich colours and textures...those on the ground even more so.

I have been challenging myself to post a picture a day in a Facebook Album called Today's Pic Fall 2011 for the autumn months. All, without exception, have been taken outside...until today. I thought I would do something different. The light was beautiful in my living room and shining just so on my daughter's piano. Using only my macro lens, I began to take some shots. This is one of them.


What have you taken pictures of recently? Do you find yourself taking a lot of the same sort of thing? How can you shake things up and come up with something unique and interesting?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I would not have thought to use a macro lens on piano keys. The shallow DOF takes full advantage of their aligned uniformity! Great shot.

    One habit that I'm trying to break has been my tendency to use a telephoto lens during most of the warmer months, and reserve macro for winter, when I can stay warm under a craft light. No more.

    ReplyDelete