Thursday, September 29, 2011

Catching Wind

Today I played around in Lightroom with this picture. It was a little bit of fun and I am pleased with the final result.

The wind was really blowing this morning when I took this shot. The leaves are not tack sharp, nor should they be if it is windy! In order to really show wind, sometimes showing something still alongside the movement works well. Here, the chain link fence was the stability that contrasted the fluttering of the leaves.

And then my camera died. Well, the shutter refused to flutter. It looks as though I'll be without my trusty tool for a couple of weeks. I'll continue to post but will be digging up images from my archives until new images are possible again.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, sorry about your camera. For me, that would be a nightmare. I know that I will enjoy your archives. Best wishes during the waiting period.

    I've always considered wind to be something tricky to portray in a photo; now you've given me something to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete