Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Capturing Contrasts

I was in Chicago for the weekend with one of my sisters. Delighted to wander the streets with my camera, I ventured out early in the morning by myself and then continued on throughout the day together with my fellow-photog-artist-sister.

Taking in the sights and sounds of the city was such a great experience. More than once did I notice contrasting ideas or subjects come together in one frame. The more I looked the more I saw these opposites appear in my viewfinder...and they made me think.

Finding the right balance of settings was tricky. Stopping motion and blurring the right motion and keeping a good exposure are challenging to bring together in one frame. I ended up using a shutter speed of 1/30 and f/32. My focal length was 43 mm. I played with the controls until something worked in the small time frame I had as one of the subjects walked on.



No comments:

Post a Comment