Friday, June 10, 2011

Remembering Loren

One year ago today, my brother-in-law passed away. Loren did not give his last breaths to pancreatic cancer; he gave them to his family as he left them to be with his Maker.

As I reflect on that time, sadness and sweetness fill my heart. It was unimaginable that Loren was having to leave us. He was such a light. Full of good cheer, a fantastic sense of humour, a solid faith and a generous spirit, Loren brightened the world for those of us who had the chance to love him. Even in dying, Loren continued to be that light. He taught me how to finish well.

I miss you, Loren. A lot. It warms my heart to see you in your beautiful daughters.

For those of you who would like to help with the fight against pancreatic cancer in memory of Loren, go to this link and donate the price of your coffee today.

No comments:

Post a Comment