Monday, January 10, 2011

Marketing

Marketing - an important and painful piece of the creative output puzzle. In the past couple of days, I've given two "interviews" for lack of a better word. My treasury league will begin featuring its members' work on their blog in the form of weekly artist features and wanted to fill in my background pieces. Another blog will be featuring "Be You" (my snowflake photo) on Wednesday as a give away. They also wanted some info about who I am and what makes me tick creatively. These opportunities are marketing and force me to reflect on why and how I do what I do.

A conversation I had with my nephew awhile back got me started in this direction,  thinking about my work and figuring out what makes it unique and why I take the pictures I take (thank you Jon). That conversation and the reflection following have been helpful in developing an artist's statement (or at least starting one) and in preparing me for marketing my work. I have a long way to go in making this piece of the puzzle fit without cramming it in but I have begun. Beginning is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment